In the News–Aloft Hotel Breaks Ground in Lubbock
TAJ Hospitality Management, LLC broke ground on its ninth Lubbock, Texas, hotel yesterday–a five story, 136 room Aloft by Marriott at 2901 Iola Ave in the West End Center. The Aloft Lubbock is anticipated to be one of the first new-constructions in the country featuring the Aloft 4.0 Prototype design (the new Marriott redesign after acquiring the brand from Starwood). This is the first and only Aloft in Lubbock, and the first in the West Texas region. The design aesthetic melds loft style with Lubbock culture, and local flair will abound with artwork from Lubbock artists and performances by live bands.
Projected Completion–May 2019
- Owner: Prem Capital, LLC
- Architect: Merriman Pitt Anderson Architects
- Construction Contractor: Lee Lewis Construction, Inc.
- Financing: FirstBank & Trust
- Developer: SDM Financial in coordination with TAJ Hospitality Management
Learn more in these Lubbock news stories:
- KCBD News Channel 11: Aloft by Marriot Hotel being built in West End
- Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: New 5-story Aloft Hotel breaks ground in West Lubbock